6/21/2007

Meeting a very special person

This Sunday afternoon, we have a very exciting playdate planned. I know the significance of it will be lost on Jayden, but I am so completely excited fot this particular playdate because I have wanted it to happen since before Jayden came home.

In Guatemala, a foster mom can have two babies at a time. When Mom and I went to visit Jayden in October of 2005. We heard about his foster sister and how spunky she was. She kept their foster mom busy. Her name is Elizabeth. Agencies are very protective of their clients information. I asked if there were any way to find out where Elizabeth was going or if they would contact her family on my behalf. As a matter of policy, both families have to contact the agency completely unsolicited, releases must be signed, etc.

Due to set of circumstances, I'll expound on a different post. Both Elizabeth's family and I contacted the agency at the same time. I was suspicious that they would contact the agency so I asked that they give my information to them. That day I received an email from Elizabeth's mom.

She and her mom live within a mile or two of my office !??!?!!? We set up a playdate for this Sunday. I know Jayden won't remember her, but I can't wait to meet them. It never ceases to amaze me how God arranges things.

1 comment:

deanna said...

How totally divine! I'm very excited for you all, as it appears that without a doubt God wants you all together!!

Have fun, and we'll be expectin' a report REAL soon!!;-)