10/26/2006

Baby's first segments...

Proud mommy has to brag... Jayden earned his first segments and towards status on US Airways.

MR JAYDEN STENNER
Dividend Miles Number
XXXXXXX
Balance
2,499
Preferred Status
Earned Toward Future Preferred Status
2499 miles and 3 segments

Such a proud moment...sniffle, sniffle... and he'll earn four more segments in November. He actually is a much better flier than his mommy. He'll sit and "read" his books or sleep once the plane takes off.

A few weeks ago, we flew to Dallas. Our second leg was in a commuter jet so I had to get his car seat up over the seats to get down the aisle. As we landed in Dallas, my little guy finally passed out. He slept through the actual touch down and taxi. He slept through me slinging him and his car seat up over the seats to get down the aisle. He slept through me converting the car seat into a stroller and wheeling him to baggage claim. He slept through mommy visiting the handicap stall and flushing. He slept through getting the luggage and going down to wait for the rental car bus. He slept through the ride on the rental car bus. He slept up to the point that we got to the car. I was amazed... I am not the most delicated stroller driver especially with luggage, a laptop and a diaper bag to boot. He's such a good trooper and so patient during those times. I think he settles into the adventure and just enjoys himself.

I have a great traveler on my hands.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You do have to love those good little travelers! Thanks for keeping us in mind on Monday...NOT looking forward to the seperation anxiety (on my part!!)

Shanygne said...

It's such a blessing to have good travelers! Mine have always been great! I always get those looks of "oh, no! I have to sit by kids!", and then at the end of the flight they let me know how worried they were and how pleasantly surprised they were by how good my kids were and how much fun they were to travel with.