11/07/2006

wild couple weeks

So I realized that it's been a couple weeks since I posted, although I've been good about keeping up with everyone else's blog. It's just been a little wild with transition in our house.

After returning from TX, it became very obvious that it was time to find a new daycare for Jayden. I called Grandma who agreed to come down for a couple weeks while a new daycare was found. Grandma and Jayden had a great time together these past two weeks.

Miraculously I found another Spanish immersion daycare. She still had me on the waiting list since last January so technically I was at the top of the list. There were 8 families behind me so during the interview I was very nervous we wouldn't get in.

Yesterday was his first day. It was a tearful goodbye. It was a tearful pickup and for the first 10 minutes an angry trip home. This morning was another tearful goodbye, but I think he is getting the gist of the change and is adapting. There is a little girl, Alison, who is six months older and is making sure Jayden is doing okay.

He did well last night and apparently forgave me by the time we got home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did Jayden have to change Daycares? And WHEEEENNNNNN are you coming back to Ohio? We are anxious to see you again!

deanna said...

Grandmas always save the day! (or at least the moms!!) Tell Grandma I said hi and I hope this new daycare works out. As I know from my sister, it's difficult to find a place that you trust with your precious baby!

Shanygne said...

So sorry it was necessary... hope Jayden is doing okay...

and you!