10/03/2006

A year this weekend...


This time last year, I was preparing to meet my Mom in Philadelphia for the flight down to Guatemala City to meet Jayden for the first time.

The original game plan was to spend 3 days with him and then a tour day or two. That was thrown out the window and all our time was spent with him.

It was an undescribeable time and there really isn't a polite way to say this, but it really sucked to have to leave him behind.

I'll post pictures of Matthew and Berna soon (I'm on the wrong computer). I met Berna in one our adoption classes. Matthew is six days younger than Jayden. Berna met us down there for the weekend to visit Matthew and the 5 of us had quite the adventurous weekend.

It is surreal that it has been a year since holding Jayden for the first time.

2 comments:

Shanygne said...

Isn't it amazing how time flies??
Is Jayden starting to talk yet?? The first time they say "I love you, mommy" is the best!!

Thank you SOO much for your encouragement...I really needed someone to tell me exactly what you did... Can't wait to see you guys!!

Shanygne said...

Thank you again for your words of wisdom...they are proving true! Diaper changes are getting a little less traumatic each time, now...

But there is this weird "skin" stuck to the tip/sides on some places... not sure what to make of it, yet...

Did you have Jayden circ? Or had they already done it? Did you choose not to? Just curious. oy vey...not sure I want to go thru this again!