7/03/2007

Doctor, doctor give me the news...

Yesterday J had his 2 year appointment and completely enjoyed himself. No shots - thank goodness. Outside of our annual flu shot, he won't need anything until 4 or 5. He's been growing and we're in the 75th percentile for height. I was surprised.

If I spend anytime thinking about it, I am completely blown away by the changes in J over the last 18 months. He was so quiet and observed everything when he came home. He still observes everything but he's not exactly quiet. He's grown by leaps and bounds and it definitely one of the most joyful kids I know.

His speech is exploding. I spent the afternoon Friday at daycare - we made sock puppets and had a party for two kids who were moving on to pre-school. He comprehends, responds, follows directions and talks in Spanish. He already knows to switch to English when he talks to me. He loves his Wilwee (Willie) and Mamah (Mama) - we say night night and bye to the dogs. We now have the "oh so critical P" when we say the word help. He used to leave it off and I figure if anyone is going to teach my son to swear it should be me ;-) We had a few weeks of hell mommy, hell whenever we wanted something.

He now enjoys talking to Grandma and Grandpa on the phone and can answer their questions. I wish they could see his expression because he usually has an ear to ear grin while talking to them. He's changed so much from that shy tiny boy to my wonderfully loud, full of life, full tilt boy. Can't wait to see what the next year brings.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

kids are so much fun! And a lot of work! I've come to the conclusion that mine isn't going to sleep through the night till she's 5. I'm okay with that, as long as CONRAD continues to do nighttime duty :)

Shanygne said...

OH, how fun...

Ethan says the word "look" with an "f"... sometimes it comes out like that really bad swear word... we're working on it.