4/30/2007

Sandwich Manor

I am a member of the Sandwich generation. As part of my roles and responsibilities of this generation, I find it necessary to remind the generation above of my membership. We have lots of running jokes about this. As part of my recognition of being in this generation, I have dubbed the new house "Sandwich Manor". My mother, however, has dubbed it "Club Sandwich" because it sounds more fun.

Sandwich Manor it is. I figure if I have to pay for it, I get to name it. It's sort of like a college dormitory but without the plaque (although I may have to get one and put something it on their room door - there is a bedroom that I refer to as their room, but who knows if they really will occupy it permanently). Anyways, Sandwich Manor was "pinned" this past weekend. Basically they clear the lot and put flags at the corner of the house so you can see where it fits in the lot. Poor Mama (the dog), she is going from a yard she can run in, to one she sulk in. We'll have to visit the dog park to stretch her legs. I think she'll be the only one disappointed with the new digs.

Hopefully, the current homestead will be sold soon. I am ready for the quick commute and more time with Jayden and being closer to all our friends.

2 comments:

deanna said...

I'm sorry to say I have to vote with your mom on this one - Club Sandwich is definitely sounding more fun!! You can put a plaque on my dorm room (hehe - so presumptuous!) that reads "Sandwich Chalet" - I'm a ham and Swiss kind of gal. But now, I'm just rambling....

Beth said...

How fun!! Your new-house-to-be looks amazing!

I think Nicholas is almost as heavy as Jayden. Unfortunately he is only 8 months and cannot yet walk. I hear ya about the aching back . . . : )