9/09/2006

Wisdom from Willie...and Mama too...


Some of you may remember the days of Wisdom from Willie. I still learn tidbits from my four-legged buddy. He's such a great dog and I dread the day he passes away. Since we have 14 year minimum agreements with all pets in our home, I've got some more time before I have to worry.
He is 13 1/2 now. He's lost his hearing but still has that same gentle, loyal spirit who just wants to be with you and please you. Right now he is at my feet. There is no more singing to Jeopardy, but in a stroke of irony Jeopardy is a favorite of Jayden's. I have no idea why he likes the show but he loves to clap with everyone.

Jayden loves Willie. They have a mutually beneficial relationship (at least that's how they would describe it). Since Jayden has started eating, Willie has gained 4 pounds. 4 pounds he really didn't need. In return, Willie is very patient as he is being wrestled by Jayden.

The white one is Mama...she's the greyhound (and came with that name). She enjoys Jayden too but tends to leave the room when he comes to close and wants to climb on her. She's a little less rugged in terms of the climbing but brings great joy to Jayden as he watches her race around the yard. She raced a pretty amazing career and running brings her great joy... yes, she actually smiles - a nice teethy smile. That's another picture and post...it's a little scary looking if you don't see the tail wagging full speed at the same time.

There's a lot of chaos in the home, but none of us would have it any other way.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I miss wisdom from willie! Just wanted to let you guys know I check your blog everyday, so blog away! I tried to comment a couple of times and get bumped off for some reason...hmmmm

can't wait to see you again!

deanna said...

Am I wrong is saying that I've known Willie all his life?? Those were the days...

I'm putting you on my bloglines so I won't miss a beat. Jayden is getting so big!! I can't wait to meet him!