11/27/2007

Milestone blown out of the water

Admittedly, I am biased at the skill level and development of my boy. There is one area that he is downright exceptional. He possesses a skill that as a first time parent, it would never have occurred to me to track. I am positive that his pediatrician would not track it as no other child possesses this skill at such a tender age.

Jayden is a backseat driver. He is passionate about which direction I should go when we come to intersections. If Mommy does not take his impassioned pleadings from the backseat to make a turn, she is met with a faux tantrum of epic proportions. If Mommy, however, follows said backseat drivers directions, she is met with a full gusto "wwweeeeeeeeee".

We are currently in training to use the words "left" and "right", as finger pointing and "this way" are what is used to provide direction from the backseat. Somewhat difficult to see from the front seat.

If I could figure out how to drive and take video at the same time I would.

2 comments:

deanna said...

I had one of those as well! Could read my spedometer at a very young age unfortunately. "Mommy, what is the speed limit?" Me: "I don't know, like 90? maybe??" Emily: "No mommy. I just saw a sign that said 40 and you're going 60. That's too fast. SLOW DOWN!"

This from my child whose math teacher is trying to move her down to a lower math class... she would track our speed limit and how much over we were going since the age of 2!

Go, Jayden!! and I love your new page.

Danielle said...

hilarous!! And Bi-lingual. I just finished reading your post to Conrad and we have been giggling picturing Jayden telling you where to go...