11/06/2007

It Sold!!!

My house sold! Okay not the one I am currently in, but the one I had built. I hope it found a good family to take care of it. It went really quick once it came off contingency. It would have been so nice to be at the other end of town, but it's all good that the move didn't happen.

The most painful part of this process is the unpacking...the house had been staged for 6 months and now I am unpacking the 1/3 that was packed. I am leaving all the china packed. If a formal party takes place, I'll unpack it, but since formal and Eli are not two words that occur in the same sentence or paragraph, I'm not anticipating needing the china.

The unpacked has, however, brought back to light my obsession with all things educational for Jayden. I started collecting books, workbooks, etc prior to my homestudy and while waiting to get a referral with no idea of gender or age, I filled that nesting need with all things "educational and international". The kids has several atlases...you get the picture. So the bookshelves are filling back up and the inflatable pirate ship has re-emerged. Pictures are going back up on the wall in high quantities. We're making home a little bit more homey again.

I've done more painting and re-claimed a guest room for an office. I had it in my bedroom but the hum of the laptop calls in the middle of the night...not good for me. I hope to paint the living/dining room over Thanksgiving, but we'll see how ambitious I am. If I accomplish that, I'll have a guest room and the master left to paint.

I'm giving it two more years and then will decide if we are going to stay put or attempt a move. I'd like to stay put through the elementary school years if at all possible, which is 2 1/2 years away.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hmmmm...it doesn't bode well for our upcoming contigency. I am suspecting we will set ours free as well.

It's okay. with this house, we can save money and don't have to move Isabelle's daycare! That is a very happy thought for me.

I think I am going to leave my house "Packed up" I figure if i didn't miss it over the past few weeks, I probably really don't even need it :)