5/01/2008

Day at the Zoo


It's been a busy couple weeks. We went to the zoo a few weeks back. The NC Zoo is big (5 miles of trails). We only did half of it and Jayden walked it all.
We also brought home a new dog. I'll post pictures soon. Mater, as he is now known, is a 5 year old Springer. Different in personality than Willie, but still has a lot of the characteristics that I love about the breed...this is what I was looking for. He is the scale model, much more compact. He was horribly neglected by someone who inherited him and that owner turned him over to animal control when given the option of doing that or having charges brought up against them. He is almost fully recovered and has gained weight. He has hair now (yes, the poor guy was pretty much bald) so he's looking better and feeling better each day. His personality is coming out more and more as he gets to know us. He knows sit, stay, down, speak, etc. I think all in all he'll be a good fit for Jayden and myself.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yay! I want to see pics.