1/02/2008

Do I get points for effort?

This was the best of the bunch of attempts at a Christmas family picture. Mandu is somewhere under the tree, but we at least got everyone in the picture. I didn't get a Christmas letter out this year...I did pictures printed so that Grandma and Grandpa could split them with me...Grandma accidently took the whole batch home and threw them out...oops.

The holidays were a whirlwind. We had six events in a week and are just now settling back into some sort of a routine. We also had a couple visits to the vet...I had prepared myself that this was it for Willie and I would have to say goodbye but the vet figured out what was causing his pain and we decided to try a new medication. He's doing much better. I am anticipating "the decision" to be in the summer. He'll be 15 in a few weeks and has been an amazing dog. Mama also made a trip and is now on fluid treatments - think IV hanging from the kitchen light fixture. Since she has such a deep rib cage, the fluids which are administered under the skin, follow gravity and make their way to bottom of her chest...I refer to it as her temporary saline implants, about a 1/2 hour later her body absorbs everything and we're back to normal, but much happier.



On Christmas day, Matthew, Berna, Claudia (Jayden's teacher), and two of her sons came for the dinner. It was absolutely wonderful...games, puzzles and great conversation.



For New Year's I decided to throw a toddler New Year...that would be a count down to 7:30. We made a string mache ball (ran out of time to cover in glitter), got plastic stem ware and sparkling grape juice for the toast, and noise makers. It ended up being a lot of fun.







2 comments:

Danielle said...

oh that is classic! Toddler New Years party! I love the plastic stemwear too! Sounsd much more exciting than our New Years, we didn't even realize it was new years..we were in the middle of a movie!!

I just can't stand to thing about Willie....I'm sort of attached to him too...after all...he was...sort of...my dog for a while...*Sigh*

Danielle said...

Actually, the color I was thinking of painting the chair was brown...to match willie's coat, of course!