10/09/2007

My little singer

Jayden has always loved music. In the car, he's been trying to "sing" to Mercy Me, SCC and others since before he could talk. He first started singing to "I lift my eyes" and I'll have to look up the artist because I am terrible at remembering things like that.

Anyways, if we are stuck in traffic and mommy turns on the radio to find alternative routes, a fit is pitched until the CD or Klove is back on. As he gets older, he can sing more words and gets louder. We have added Veggie Tales and now Jack's Big Music Show. Jack is the new current favorite.

Lately we've moved from requesting CDs to actual songs. Let me say a two and half minute song can be repeated at least 10 times between home and school. He also remembers lyrics... I can start a line and he finishes it and with a big smile of course.

Based on all my reading, he'll have to wait until at least 4 before anyone will take him for guitar lessons...yes, I looked and the real 1/2 size guitars aren't cheap, for that matter neither are lessons. Well I have a little bit of time before that of course.

No comments: